Retail trade plays an important role in the proper functioning of a city or region, as following examples reveal:
- the service function with regard to proper inhabitants and
- the consequential employment
- the image and atmosphere of the city or region compared to that of surrounding cities or regions or that of visitors. Consequently an equally developed retail system is an essential facet of city centre management.
A well functioning (retail) trade results from a balance between all facets of supply and demand. It is a delicate task to strike the right balance.
WES has a broad experience and expertise in policy consultancy in the field of retail trade forfollowing target groups:
- cities and municipalities, through the drawing up of municipal policy plans for the retail trade (commercial-strategic plans)
- project developers, in function of concrete sub-studies in the development of shopping centres
In this respect, following sub-studies are possible:
- analysis of the demand (behaviour and opinion of the shopping public)
- analysis of the offer (branch studies, analysis of lack of occupancy, impact analyses,…)
- support of retail businesses and project developers (support establishment policy)
- vision formulation and drawing up of a commercial-strategic plan for the retail trade with tailor-made consultancy for concrete actions and support in the implementation of this plan
- research into the present and desired information and monitoring system. WES has elaborated its own measuring instrument to evaluate the city centre management policy (a.o. retail trade)
By launching the fun shopping monitor WES has developed a unique instrument for government and business world. The monitor offers an insight into the size and the characteristics of the Belgian fun shopping market.
For more information, please contact Pascal Steeland, + 32 50 36 71 47 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or click here for the contact sheet.