The city of Bruges asked WES to develop a strategic commercial plan for the period of 2017-2021.
As a logical consequence of the commercial strategic plan of 2012-2016, a new plan must be drawn up.
In the first stage, we conducted a full analysis of the current situation and processed it into a SWOT analysis. Based on the SWOT analysis, we formulated a clear vision in the second stage, identifying core values, target groups and market segments and setting priorities. In the third stage, we translated the results into specific strategic objectives and actions.
On the basis of a widely supported vision for the coming years, we formulated specific objectives and actions which provide an answer to the following questions:
– How can we keep the city liveable for its inhabitants and at the same time attractive for visitors?
– How do we ensure that Bruges remains a strong international brand? How do we maintain our authenticity/identity and secure our quality?
– How can tourism continue to be a driving force for sustainable growth and development? How can we increase the involvement of the local community in this?
– How should the Tourism department respond to this as a DMO? What is the role of the other stakeholders?
When drawing up the strategic plan, several parties were involved to ensure local support. This way, several parties involved as well as local stakeholders were given the opportunity to share their vision on tourism in Bruges.
Feasibility study for the construction of extra office space in Bruges on the football stadium project site.
The city of Bruges planned the construction of office space but had little success after a first check with several governmental institutions, as the latter would purchase few square metres. That is why they asked WES to examine the possible interest from the business world. In addition, we examined whether there would be any interest for a meeting centre with room for meetings, seminars, workshops, company presentations, etc.
The key questions within this scope included:
– What is the commercial feasibility of office space at the football stadium project site for companies?
– Wat are the possible concepts and the corresponding qualitative assessment of the commercial feasibility for the use of retail space on the site of the football stadium taking into account preconditions such as competition with the inner city, provided space, etc.?
– A qualititative assessment of the commercial feasibility of a meeting centre on the football stadium project site.
1. We examined the supply of office space in the Brussels region, the Flemish office cities, the immediate surroundings of Bruges and the city of Bruges itself.
2. We prepared a list of site factors which play a role when choosing a location for office space.
3. We organised in-depth interviews with experts concerning the office market and drew corresponding conclusions.
4. We conducted an online survey concerning office space among companies from the tertiary and quarternary sector.
5. We drew conclusions and provided advice
Deze website gebruikt functionele cookies en externe scripts om uw gebruikservaring te verbeteren.